Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Decorations

I LOVE Christmas decorations... the lights, the red and green, the shiny ornaments, the memories.  We've accumulated quite a few boxes of Christmas decorations.  Each year, Scott dutifully goes to the attic... and sometimes he has help.


He gets the boxes out... 


And then it's time to decorate.  This year, I put in my FAVORITE Christmas movie of all time, White Christmas, and proceeded to put the tree together.  Then, my little helpers joined in with the ornaments.  Grandma Kenworthy gets them an ornament each year, so they had a good time getting each year's ornament out and I had a good time remembering when they received each one.





I had purchased a couple of items on clearance last year... items I had really liked, but couldn't bring myself to pay full price for.  Sure enough, I held out until the clearance prices came out and got both of these lovely items for less than $15 in all!

the oh-so-beautiful poinsettia wreath


glass advent calendar


If I had to pick my favorite decorations, it would be the mantle.  Oh, I love it.  I love remembering the days of two stockings.... then three... then four.  I love the simple lights and just how warm it makes the living room look.  




I have decorations scattered around a couple of other places too... 
Paper plate snowmen from a couple of Christmases ago














I just love it.  There's so much hope tied up in everything about this holiday... hoping for presents... stockings hung in anticipation of goodies from Santa... but most importantly, the hope that came to Earth in the form of a little baby boy named Jesus.