Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Marissa stories

The other night, Marissa had another accident in her pull-up... she has long mastered the "#1" part of potty training but is holding out - so to speak - on #2.  So, I told her to march upstairs and clean up and get a new pull-up.  I also told her she wasn't to say a word so that mommy could have a moment to cool off.

She stopped me at the end of the hall and said, "Mommy, I just really need to tell you something.  Something important and something you need to hear."

 I said, "Okay, but just one thing."

She said, "I'm just... well, I'm just a really big jerk".


(for the record, I told her she wasn't and turned away so I could laugh.)


=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =   =   =  =  =  =  =

Marissa uses air quotes.  No lie.  For example, the other night, she told me that Daddy was taking his "cup" (with air quotes) into the "living room".

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =   =   =  =  =  =  =

Marissa & I went to the store and she wanted to walk along side the cart.  I agreed as long as she stayed where I could see her.  Of course, it was just minutes before I couldn't see her.  Sensing that she was behind me, I said "Marissa, are you back there?"  She replied, "I'm on your tail."